WORK IN THE UAE
What to know: Dubai is one of the seven emirates that make up the United Arab Emirates. The term though is also used to describe the Emirates largest city, Dubai City. Strangely for a country situated deep in the heart of oil country, the nation does not actually have significant oil reserves as this resource makes up only a very small percentage of the economy. However, Dubai does have a style and sophistication all of its own and has developed at lightening fast pace over the last 20 years or so. The country is well known for a number of innovative issues, and while human rights problems have been highlighted in years gone by, this area of society has improved. Dubai has a very strong relationship with the likes of Great Britain, with whom the country had a protection agreement in the late 1880s. This agreement was later withdrawn and the country set about building its own culture, economy and way of life. Dubai is most definitely one of the major successes of the Middle East region, encompassing both traditional local customs and laws, while embracing a European way of life at the same time.
The visa situation in Dubai is a little complicated with countries such as the UK, France, Germany, etc all welcomed without tourist visas. There are however many other countries such as Israel, where entry is either prohibited or near impossible. Permanent residency visa are also easier for European nationals to obtain, and while the process includes a medical, and vast quantities of paperwork, the majority will be successful. It is paramount that Expats wanting to live in Dubai check their personal situation before traveling there as a tourist or possible foreign national. Dubai has for some time been the trade route from West to East and still remains that way for many businesses. The country has attracted many Western based companies to set up offices for direct trade in the region, and the very favourable tax regime assists both employers and employees. The past few years have brought major changes to the employment market in Dubai. The first is the policy of Emiratisation that has been put in place by the country’s leadership since 2007. This policy requires the proactive employment of locals in the public and private sector to reduce the dependence on foreign labor. There is also a policy of creating quotas for the number of foreign workers employed in industries in UAE.
The recruitment of foreign nationals virtually ground to a halt. Thus, despite the many new developments being undertaken in the region, employment is hard to come by. This has been exacerbated by the current worldwide financial recession that has caused many construction projects and development projects to close shop. The current push of the government is to increase the tourism trade industry and while not the cheapest area for a vacation, the service is immaculate, the sights are breath taking and everything seems to be within touching distance.”The Expat market has taken advantage of the requirement for skilled professionals, and many are fast tracked into the country under employment sponsorship packages, used to bring in required labor at short notice. Finance, legal, manufacturing, the service sector and property seem be the main areas of economic activity
We are only accepting applications of professionals in certain occupations at the moment. To determine whether you are eligible, kindly contact us.
Who can apply: Bachelor degree holder in certain fields with at least1 year work experience
Where you can work: Placements are only available in certain occupations for at the moment
When you can apply: Anytime
What you pay for our services: $1600
What else you should budget for: Visa fee, air ticket and living expenses abroad for the first months
Why you should apply:
- No Personal Income Tax: What more can be said? No TAX!
- Great companies and great jobs: Dubai is home to many corporations and companies
- Repatriation of Earnings: Earn and send back your money back home.
- Cultural diversity: Over 80% of the people living in Dubai are from other countries – you are guaranteed to find at least one person from the same city you come from…if not the same block
- The amazing progress and developments have made it the envy of the region and showcase to the world of what’s possible with vision and intelligent use of resources.
- We assist our clients through the whole process, from job search to visa application
WHAT YOU PAY FOR:
- A preliminary evaluation of your chances
- Advice on which travel opportunity is suitable for you
- A complete information package including clear instructions and the list of required documents
- Review and fine-tuning of all your documents
- Recommendations in regards to supporting documents to enhance your visa application
- Complete and personalized briefing before departure;
- Ongoing relations and follow-ups with embassies to ensure a smooth processing of your application;
Guarantees of constant support. In the event of any difficulties or problems, we will discuss, negotiate or advise you on all possible legal recourses to obtain a favorable decision