WORK IN THE UK
What to know: The UK has much to offer on a number of fronts including, employment, living environment, landscape and history as well as a very high standard of living for most. Over the last 100 years the UK has moved from a predominantly manufacturing led economy, specializing in textiles, metals and consumer industries into a service driven economy which is now thriving in areas such as legal services, financial services, chemicals and pharmaceuticals to name but a few. Often at the cutting edge of new technology, the UK also has a vibrant small business sector, which has over recent years received support from the government. The current rate of unemployment in the UK as a whole is some 7.8% as a direct result of the current global recession. While there have been spikes in unemployment in the late 1980s and mid 1990, the rate has increased sharply with an attendant increase in the claimant count, which measures the number of people claiming Jobseeker’s Allowance, reached 1.58 million in July 2009. It has not been higher since May 1997. The count is up 24,900 over the previous month and up 709,000 over the year as indicated in the latest 2009 UK statistics.
Where some countries tend to encourage government investment to shore up a failing economy, the UK has historically used the weapon of interest rates, which has proved rather successful in the long run. The country has very strong trading links with the likes of the US, and its many European partners, not to mention a significant exposure to the Far East (due in the main to the influence of the British Empire). One of the top 5 economies in the world, a world leader in finance and a significant power in Europe, the UK has much going for it. While economic growth is expected to slow down further in 2009 as the Gross Domestic Product decreased in the second quarter of 2009. Despite the seemingly turbulent times, the relative consistency and resiliency in the economy has attracted a great number of immigrant workers, many of whom have decided to stay long term in the UK. There are a vast array of employment opportunities in specialist areas such as finance and legal service – in fact the UK has one of the world’s leading stock markets.
We are only accepting applications of professionals in certain occupations at the moment. To determine whether you are eligible, kindly contact us.
Who can apply: Bachelor degree holder in certain fields with at least1 year work experience
Where you can work: Placements are only available in certain occupations for at the moment
When you can apply: Anytime
What you pay for our services: $1600
What else you should budget for: Visa fee, air ticket and living expenses abroad for the first months
Why you should apply:
- UK is a multi-cultural society, highly tolerant of all lifestyles and has low rates of crime.
- This is an opportunity to gain attractive wages and well paid overtime
- low unemployment rate (still under 6%), high job turnover rate creating opportunities, typical work week of 35 hours, generous leave, statutory maternity and paternity benefits, 12 public holidays
- UK is the world’s 4th largest economy with a strong currency, low inflation (3%), the world’s most even distribution of wealth and surprisingly low taxes.
- We assist our clients through the whole process, from job search to visa application
WHAT YOU PAY FOR:
- A preliminary evaluation of your chances
- Advice on which travel opportunity is suitable for you
- A complete information package including clear instructions and the list of required documents
- Review and fine-tuning of all your documents
- Recommendations in regards to supporting documents to enhance your visa application
- Complete and personalized briefing before departure;
- Ongoing relations and follow-ups with embassies to ensure a smooth processing of your application;
- Guarantees of constant support. In the event of any difficulties or problems, we will discuss, negotiate or advise you on all possible legal recourses to obtain a favorable decision